Greetings Sisters and Brothers,
The Florida AFL-CIO is preparing all of our various communication outlets to ensure you have the best, up to date information about what is transpiring at the Capitol, how it impacts your membership and most importantly, how you can get involved.
- Our Legislative Update is a weekly, print publication that will be mailed to all of our affiliates and activists with detailed information on the legislation we are monitoring and how it is progressing through the legislative process. These will also be posted each week on our website. The first Legislative Update will print on or around March 18th.
- Our E Messenger twice weekly electronic newsletter will be used to keep you up to speed on what is going on in the legislature as well as political, economic and Labor news from around the state and the country.
- We will issue Legislative Alerts via email using all of our various databases whenever action is needed from our local leaders, members and activists.
- We are gearing up our Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and other social media capacity to build a strong online community that can react quickly and decisively when needed on important legislation.
In addition to the various communication outlets above, we will also be sending Legislative Briefs to all of our affiliates each Friday. These will offer very brief outlines as to what happened during the days prior and updates as to what is coming in the weeks ahead. We encourage you to forward these to your members, friends and family as we work this session to beat back the attacks on our workers, retirees and their families.
Rich Templin, Ph.D.
Legislative & Political Director
(850) 224-6926 / (850) 566-4348 cell
"Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless
means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral." - Paulo Freire
We serve as a voice for our brothers and sisters at the legislative tables. We bring your concerns and needs and we ensure that these are properly and fairly addressed by those we elect to serve us in public office.
Would you like to know the true cause and effect of
the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression?
Federal and State Legislators
U.S. House of Representatives:
Florida House of Representatives
The Office of the 45th Governor of Florida, Rick Scott
County Commisioners and Mayor
More Helpful Links
National Labor College - Silver Springs, Maryland - www.nlc.edu
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees - Aviation
Public Employees Organized to Promote Legislative Equality